Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2018

We might have another leftie!

W's new OT, Miss K, has been watching his hand choices and while he's still young, she's thinking he might be a leftie (the Super Kid is.  I think I was supposed to be left-handed as well because I remember getting in trouble in school for using my left and having to switch to using my right whenever a teacher looked my way).  A lot of the time he will begin tasks with his left and then switch to the right when his left gets tired.  We are gently encouraging left hand use to building up his strength and stamina so when he does choose to do a task left-handed, he can continue to use it instead of having to switch.  I have an aunt who is ambidextrous so maybe he'll be one of the ones who can use both :p  The Super Kid and I can both write with both hands--its a skill he had to develop when he broke his left arm (twice in one year, a few months apart) and I've never lost the ability to write left-handed.

We had a busy afternoon of errands--post office, gas, groceries, household goods.  I didn't get to everything I needed to before it was time to meet the Busy Little B getting off the bus yesterday so at some point today I will need to take everyone out with me to get a few things done.  At minimum I need to pick up meds at the pharmacy because the seizure meds are running low.  

No comments:

Post a Comment