Pages

Friday, January 26, 2018

Check Engine Light is finally off!

Remember last week when my check engine light went on?  It was a misfiring cylinder 6 and our first step was to use a cleaner to see if getting all the injectors and such cleaned would help.  It did a little but the cylinder was still misfiring.

MrP was home for a day and a half and he braved the cold to fix the cylinder. He checked spark plugs and wires and things and discovered some other part that involves all six cylinders wasn't working properly.  A coil?  Maybe?  I'm not a car person, I have no idea what it really was LOL  It cost 52 and change and now my van runs beautifully again so that's the important part ;)  I'd hate to know what the bill would have been if I had needed to take it to a mechanic!

No comments:

Post a Comment