Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

New Surgery Date

We got the call from Dr W's office today--Baby I will be having her surgery next week on the 19th.

Its strange--we had the April 10th date for over a month but it never really got to the point where it seemed real. She got sick and was admitted to the hospital before that happened and we knew right from the beginning that once she was admitted, there was no way they would do the surgery as scheduled because they need her to be well for at least the week before surgery. When they officially told us they needed to reschedule, we thought it would be several weeks, maybe even May. Getting the call that its next week? Is very very real. I think we may be freaking out just a tad......

8 comments:

  1. That is quick. I pray everything goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were surprised--I was thinking end of the month or maybe even May. I must admit I am having moments of irrational fear that maybe she is worse off than we thought and that is why they want to go so soon. But I know its more of a scheduling thing because in this state, there are just four pediatric cardiovascular surgeons and our surgery will be done by the Chief of Surgery at this hospital--and he's busy and in demand. We really liked him when we met with him at her consult so we are glad he had another opening instead of Iz getting scheduled with the other surgeon!

      Delete
  2. That is similar to what happened with Marsi. The first surgery date was a ways away from scheduling it but the second date ended up being 3 days after they called me! I am so glad that they are getting her in so quickly after her initial date. Many prayers for your family, especially little I.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope she does as well as Marsi did :)

      Delete
    2. I really hope so too! Babies are so resilient. I am sure that it will take a little longer because it is OHS rather than in through the ribs, but I am sure she will do great.

      Delete
  3. Ryan's mom from jm, I just sent you an email and saw your blog, ugh!!! I am sorry for the reschedule!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is almost done and the surgeon said she did great :)

      Delete