Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Still in the hospital

So yesterday we went in to the ER because Baby I was just acting "off" and not feeling well and they ran a bunch of tests to discover she has the flu. They said normally, they would send her home with care instructions but because of her heart, they wanted to keep her overnight for observation. She was slightly dehydrated because she hasn't been eating all that well so they had her on some IV fluids. Once she was peeing well again, they took her off to see how she would do because IVs plus her heart meds aren't always the best combo. She has little interest in eating and has thrown up several times as well so today she went back on the IV and we are here for at least one more night. Hopefully tomorrow she can not only eat a decent amount but keep it down. However, she had another big vomitting episode a little while ago so I dunno :/ The husband went home tonight to be with the boys so its just Baby I and I tonight. She is actually sleeping in the crib instead of insisting I hold her so I should be sleeping, too, but I can't :/ Every little noise has me popping up to check on her.....

They still have her on the Tamiflu (not Theraflu as I typed last night LOL) but I don't think she has managed to keep even one full dose of it down......

Her cardiologist, Dr E, came to the hospital to see her today--he thinks she is looking really good, despite the illness. He was very pleased with how well she is breathing right now :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that she caught the flu!!! Poor lil baby girl! It is so worrisome for any parent, but even more so for you in your situation. Sounds like she'll be fine-- but will this probably put off the surgery for a while?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard several times while we were there "If she was a normal baby, we would have let her go home...."

      Yes, they did postpone her surgery--instead of tomorrow, it will be next Thursday on the 19th

      Delete