Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Worry worry worry.....

I haven't been getting much sleep lately. The beginning of the night is okay--Iz nurses and goes to sleep, I put her down in her crib and she will sleep anywhere from two to four hours. And then she wakes, wanting to nurse and cuddle. Sometimes nightmares keep her waking, sometimes she is just hungry. But she and I are up and down all night. Last weekend, we took an impromptu camping trip--the boys LOVE to camp and we thought it would be a nice break for them. Of course, this opened up a whole new world of worry for me--will she do okay, will she be too far from a children's hospital (the answer was no as we were were just as close as we would be at home....), will this be too stressful, etc etc etc.

She loved it :p She had so much fun being outside, watching the other campers, watching the fire, going for walks in her stroller around the campground, looking at the lake and the geese. She adored being in the tent--a big ole space where she could roll around and scoot about and play :) By the time bedtime rolled around, she was exhausted and fell right to sleep on her little bed next to mine. She slept and slept and slept and slept. She didn't move or stir or wake. I finally had a chance to sleep the whole night without being woken....and what do you think I did? Woke up all the time, feeling her chest for breathing, checking on her, wondering why she slept so soundly, worrying that something would go wrong. Heh. Worry worry worry......

In good news--Iz sat up on her own today! She was playing on her blanket in the living room while I cleaned in the kitchen. I look over and there she is, sitting on her own :) She used her little arms like a tripod but she got herself into a sitting position on her own. We all clapped for her and she lifted her arms in excitement and prompty fell over LOL

4 comments:

  1. Ah yay for sitting up by herself! And my little guy usually sleeps through the night even with no longer getting his continuous feed for 6 if the hours at night. I don't sleep through the night either I always check him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was doing six hour stretches before surgery and I usually woke once or twice to check on her :p

      Delete
  2. Great news for sitting up by herself. I dont think the worry goes away too soon.Broc will be 5 in June and I still check on him at least twice in the night.Before I go sleep and when I wake up to use the restroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My oldest is almost seven and has no major health problems and I still check on him at least once a night--I'm guessing I have many years of multiple checks on Iz :p

      Delete