Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

You almost had a real post...

...but I am getting error messages when I try to post from the computer so you get a quickie phone post instead. 
B had his ENT appointment and is scheduled for surgery on Wednesday.  Since his last appointment,  he's had yet another double ear infection plus his ears are full of fluid again and its keeping his eardrums from working properly.  So tubes it is.
I keep being told having been through OHS, this should be no big deal.  It feels like a big scary deal to me.  Sure, the worries are different but in the end it comes down to the fact that my little guy, who has never even needed a trip to the hospital before, will be under anesthesia.   This time around,  it is the anesthesia that is the scary part!
But hopefully B will finally be able to hear properly! 
After his appointment,  we had a fun day at the museum :)

2 comments:

  1. Hoping surgery helps him a lot.Any surgery is scary or parents and kids no matter how big or small it is.
    The worst for us was putting the drops in afterwards.They really burn as they go inside.I rubbed the bottle between my hands to warm the ABX up as much as I could.
    Praying all goes well for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely not looking forward to the drops--B HATES having anything touch his ears so just holding him down to get the drops in will be horrible. Once he knows they will hurt going in? *sigh*

      Delete