Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Call

We got The Call yesterday.  The surgeons agree with the cardiologist--she needs Open Heart Surgery.  Which we knew--Dr E knows the criteria for surgery and wouldn't have sent her to them for referral if she didn't meet those criteria.  But I guess there is still this little part of you that thinks well, maybe, just maybe, they will have some alternate treatment that will not require stopping my baby's heart......

We have an Echo scheduled for March 15th and then meet with the surgeon immediately afterwards to discuss where we go from here (more testing, when to do surgery, etc).  At this point in time, we are scheduled to work with Dr W, the Chief of Cardiovascular Surgery at the Children's Hospital.

4 comments:

  1. *Hugs* How heartbreaking, but at the same point, showing you and R some light through the darkness. This will allow Baby I to eat without feeling fatigued, to be able to breathe normally.... How heartbreaking, and I'm so scared for you but at the same time, I'm already seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, and seeing Baby I with a healthy heart, and enjoying life. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could keep the optimism of her cardiologist with me all the time!

      Delete
  2. March 15th seems so far away and I'm not even the mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it feels all too soon and at other times it is sooooo far away. This morning it felt very far away because she was not having a good day but tonight, she is breathing well, she ate well, she was happy, and it seems so close and I just want to stop time and enjoy her before she has to go through all of this.....

      Delete