Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Isn't it too early for this stuff?

My oldest, S, is seven.  My memories of seven are fuzzy--a few things stick out to me but many of the day-to-day moments and conversations and relationships are gone.  I wonder if my parents were faced with some of the conversations I have with my seven year old all those years ago or if they had it a little easier :p  I did not expect such big questions so early!

The most recent once was a rather long conversation about many things centered around the concept of free will.  We spent a lot of time talking about why bad things happen, why God lets bad things happen, what free will is, what life would be like if we didn't have free will, having compassion and patience with kids still learning good manners and behavior, doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do.  All couched in terms that make sense to a seven year old.  I could have used a nap after that one!

What questions do your kids have that surprise you?  Anything coming up earlier than you expected?

No comments:

Post a Comment