Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Mount Rushmore

More summer memories! Mount Rushmore was also on my list of things to someday see!  Technically, Mount Rushmore was the focus of our road trip and the trip to Badlands was a bonus but we loved Badlands so much it kind of overshadowed Mount Rushmore when we think back on the trip.  The kids did really like Rushmore, though, even if it wasn't quite as exciting as they thought it would be.  I'm pretty sure they thought we'd get to go inside the heads or something and so they were a little disappointed we could only look from afar.  We did do the loop hiking trail so they got to see the heads from (sort of) close up and below and check out the exhibits on how it was made.  I'll warn you, though, if you ever go--that loop trail has a LOT of stairs.  Going down and back up.  I have no idea how my kids kept their energy after all those stairs O_O







No comments:

Post a Comment