Pages

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Another useful app

I find that my life is now run by electronics :p Once upon a time, I relied on paper calendars, to do lists, notepads, and post it notes. However, children have cured me of that habit ;)  They tend to walk off with portable things like pocket calendars and post it notes, they color in notepads because oh, don't they make pretty pictures?  So one by one my old ways have given way to apps on my phone.  The calendar app is my most used one--it tracks all of our appointments and checks the traffic for me as well and reminds me when its time to leave based on how long it will take to get there.

Last week I wrote about Our Home--the app we use to track chores.  This week my "pick of the week" is Every Dollar, a budgeting app.  I use an excel spreadsheet to track income and expenditures but that is tied to my computer and not very convenient if I need to see where I am at in the budget on the go or if Mr. Piper needs to see where we are at while he is away from home (he's a visual learner so me telling him the numbers doesn't work.  Pretty sure it sounds like a different language to him).  So I can access Every Dollar on my computer or through an app on my phone.  Unlike the spreadsheet, Every Dollar groups transactions by budget category so I can see at a glance if I've gone over on groceries or still have some left.  I've been using it for a few months now and I'm really liking it--it is helping me see where the leaks in our budget are.  Perhaps we will even get to take that family trip to Texas this summer than never happened last year :p

No comments:

Post a Comment